Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Top 5 Reasons Why….

So I awoke this morning to my husband informing me that James did not wear his coat to school. To my husband of course this was no big deal. To me I wanted to smack him upside his head. He informed me that when it was time to leave for school James did not want to put his coat on. This is pretty usual behavior, normally I have to fight with him about some piece of apparel. I’m thinking okay, so you tell him to get over it and put his coat on. Sounds easy right?
You have to wonder, what are they thinking sometimes?
Source: Sizzlebopblog.wordpress.com 
Nooooooooo, my husband told him it was too cold for no coat and to put it on and promptly went and got in the car so he could get it started leaving James to his own devices. James is very strong willed and stubborn so of course a couple minutes later James comes down and gets in the car with no coat on.
Unfortuantely, since he was running late as usual my husband didn’t notice that fact until they were more than half-way to the school. If it were me I would have either turned around or dropped him off and then go pick up the coat and taken it back to school.
I guess this concept was just too much like work since that isn’t even close to what happened. He came home and went back to bed. Then when he got up he told me so I could do something about it. Well not really, he thought it was no big deal.
So givien the excitement of my day I have compiled what I call the …

Top 5 Reasons Why Men Should Not be Held Responsible for Their Actions
5. Responsibility requires actual response about things besides cars, sports, or hot women
4. In order to complete a task you must first know what it is,
    this of course requires a miniscule amount of listening skills.
3. Their Men
2. Did I mention… their men
1. The Male Ego is a fragile thing... Break it and you won’t get anything done!

I realize this is a wild generalization but it makes me feel better!! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I laughed at the male ego is fragile, because it's so true! Also, when I need my boyfriend to do something I have to tell him like a million times to do it and then I'm a fault for being a nagging girlfriend. But if I don't bug him it won't get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! That's where I get the listening from,, I can have a conversation with my husband and he question what I said during the same conversation. It's kind of like what I tell my kids, if you listen and do what your told the first time there is no trouble:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is funny, I would have had to punish my husband instead of my child....lol! But I agree the male ego is overly fragile, proceed with caution. Courtney I do not have your email to chat about the team project that is due in a few weeks. Can you contact me :) I sent an email to Jeremie, just waiting for a response!

    ReplyDelete