Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Post That Never Should Have Been

I still can’t believe that I am sitting here writing this post. Nick has FINALLY convinced me to let James start going on the motorcycle. Not that I am not terrified but I pulled out every trick and the book and no matter how much it pained me I had to admit that he had a valid argument.

BIKER DUDE!!!!!!
Source: Primary
To add insult to injury, I was having a discussion with my dad about James wanting to do more things with his Daddy and the first thing he recommended was that they take short bike trips. AAAHHHHH!!!

I hate having to be wrong!

I did put foot down about him having the correct gear. Nick would tool him around the block in an extra helmet he of his that was one size too small for him but three sizes to big for James. If my baby Is going out an anything that even resembles a main street he is wearing the right helmet J!

The other requirement was that he got a leather jacket. I think anyone that rides without wearing leather and at minimum denim is CRAZY!!

Anyway, last weekend after delaying the inevitable for about a month or so we went to Gibraltor Trade Center and found him a leather jacket, helmet, and riding glasses @ Shardans Leather. I have to admit he looks pretty cool!

Tuesday, Nick got him all geared up and drove him to school on the bike. James was so excited he actually got ready without and prodding, which in and of itself is absolutely AMAZING! After seeing just how excited he was I really couldn’t help but smile.

I’m still going to worry anytime they head out but at least I know he is properly prepared. He has all his gear and Nick found a specialty strap that he wears like a belt and has handles on the back for James to hold.  I’d like to hug whoever came up with that! It must have been a mom J. I guess now all I can do is let them go… whether I want too or not!!!
Ready to Go!
Source: Primary

No comments:

Post a Comment