Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Me Tarzan…..You Cheap!

So I just concluded my fifth visit to Jungle Java in a span of two weeks. James is in heaven and I really like the idea that with very little effort from me he can wear himself out in less than an hour J!
While I really like the concept of Jungle Java, and the fact that my son loves it I began to notice today that they really attempt to nickel and dime you.
Big Kids Playhouse
Source: Primary
Admission works as follows
2 yrs and older                       $7.50
12 mos. – 23 mos.                 $3.00
Under 12 mos.                       FREE
Adults                                    FREE
They also offer Unlimited Lazer Maze Play for $2.00 per person
They also offer a 3 month pass for either unlimited play or an after 3pm option
I think the price is relatively fair, although they have a small area for toddlers, 3 and under, and I really don’t think I should have to pay for this small little area that Lucas really isn’t big enough for if there is any amount of others kids around. There really isn’t any reason to charge for children under the age of 3 for anything in my opinion.

Toddler Safari
Source: Primary
They ran a special this month for purchasing the 3 month pass, with purchase you get the 4th month free. So I decided to take advantage of it. Unfortunately there is no option if you have one child over 2 and one under. There is a two child pass but it is only advantageous if you have children over 2.
My only other issue is the concessions. You can but I cute jungle cup for $5 and get free refills indefinitely, they even offer a replacement if it wears out!!!
I jumped on that really quick J! My issue is that they don’t have an option for purchasing a kids meal. You still get a drink with the meal so I don’t see the point in having the cup if you still have to pay for a drink anyway. They have also managed to hit my biggest pet peeve, they do not offer free refills on pop. I could even get over not offering refills for free but making me pay full price again, RIDICULOUS!!!!
This only gets further inflamed because they offer free refills on coffee which is more expensive!!!!
My one last complaint is that a place like this should serve pizza or something that can serve larger groups without individual purchases.
I guess it’s the marketer in me, but in my opinion pleasing the kids only gets you so far… you have to make the parents happy if you want them to come back. There’s always the next best thing!!!!
Reference

2 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney.
    Great post. Sounds like a great, cost effective place to take your kids. I definately plan to take my nephew next time he stops by. Anything to wear them out within the hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shawn - I definetly recommend it! I've taken James at least once a week and he still hasn't lost steam. He plays just as hard as ever!

    ReplyDelete