Sunday, January 22, 2012

Oh, The Cleverness of Me….

 Doesn’t it seem that even though you see your kids every day, watching them grow and play yet somehow they still manage to surprise us on each and every one.
Rearranging,
 That turlte began on the other side of the television!
I believed I mention that Lucas is a very large toddler and reaches both my dining room table and my kitchen counter. Well now he’s decided that it’s a good idea to climb onto and move around his toys. Not the small toys that although bulky can be easily picked up and moved, noooooo he climbs up on his activity table. Then he moves it and the bounce on turtle around the room a few times a day.
Is this normal behavior and I forgot about it? I a managed one day off but normally he pushes his highchair out about 3 or 4 feet and he also loves to carry the chair from James wooden table set through the house. I think he likes the sound of it scraping along the kitchen tile.
Just a moment ago he knocked over one of the chairs and was using it to climb onto his activity table which he moved about two feet from where it’s supposed to be!
Of course, he does all this with that cloyingly cute grin on his face which just melts me regardless of what he happens to be doing wrong.
He also, and I’m still trying to figure this out, got a hold on a butter knife. So obviously I went to take it away; before I had a chance he ran up to my locked bedroom door and proceeded to try and stick the knife in the handle. Such a stinker!
 A little back story so that makes a little more sense, We keep our bedroom door locked so he stays out of our master bath since it has no lock, the lock looks like a big screw so we keep a butter knife on the upper molding and use it like a screwdriver to unlock the door. He of course saw us do this many times and has now decided to do it himself.
First the television remote, now unlocking doors! What’s next?
I remember James picking up on things like that. I don’t remember him being this young though.
I’ll take any suggestions about how to keep my child planted on the ground!

1 comment:

  1. hey Courtney, my initial motivation started with 2 things. The first thing is when I looked through the pictures where I was at my biggest and I was in disbelief on how I let myself go like that. And second is through my physical activities. I cannot get up 1 or 2 flight of stairs without running out of breath. I just basically said I've had it and went straight to the gym after.

    ReplyDelete